Learn More About Doing Your Part
There are a few simple things attendees, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors can do to reduce your impact and create a more sustainable conference experience:
- Utilize and share digital resources in lieu of printed handouts, including programs, worksheets and collateral.
- Download and use the GSCE x IMPACT mobile app.
- Speakers are required share resources digitally in education sessions and within the exhibit hall.
- Carefully dispose of waste in the proper waste streams.
- Be conscious of energy and water use at your hotel and the venue where available.
- Draw your blinds while not using your hotel room.
- Turn off lights and adjust your thermostat when you leave your hotel room.
- Skip housekeeping services for the length of your stay.
- Reduce single-use containers by bringing a reusable water bottle, coffee mug and bag.
- Take public transportation, walk or bike to the venue.
Have other ideas on sustainable habits? Share them with us on Twitter @greenschoolscon and @USGBCMN with the hashtags #IMPACT20